When someone you love is experiencing infertility or having other family building challenges
Do you have permission to help? (read the article on the left!) Looking for ideas of what to offer?
- Call insurance – they sometimes cover more than they let on. Keep asking.
- Let them know about support programs
- Send a text or email that simply says – thinking of you
- Offer a distraction
- Do they want company to an appointment? Offer to take them (and bring a book to wait outside if need be).
- Send an email: “ultimately this is about you and what is best for you. I can’t make decisions for you or give advice. But I’m happy to help you sort through your options based on your priorities. I am always here to listen. I want you to feel and know that you are not alone.”
See this public service message from recipients of words from people didn’t take this advice…